Your Most Important Duty is Duty of Care
Ensuring the health and safety of travelers and other employees is a legal – and moral – responsibility for travel and HR managers. The need is clear – 85% of risk professionals say the world is more dangerous than a year ago1 – but the difficulty is evident when 98% of travel managers lack the timely information to effectively perform their roles.2
To help businesses fulfill duty of care responsibilities, SAP® Concur® and International SOS, a leader in global health management and traveler safety, have combined resources on a guide to help managers perform The Single Most Important Part of Your Job.
Looking closely at five focuses, it can help guide a company from concern to practice and be ready for the change ahead:
- Obtain and integrate reliable, timely data on health advisories, security updates, and other disruptions.
- Conduct regular reviews of risks that can affect your business and its employees.
- Recognize health incidents are a more common than security ones, making employee education and on-the-ground medical resources a priority.
- Focus on mental health, by promoting awareness and providing counseling and coping tools for employees.
- Help keep those working from home safe by establishing guidelines for home office safety and creating opportunities to interact.
To learn more, read the tip guide, visit the Duty of Care section of our website, and check out the International SOS app in our App Center.